Simple Envelope Cushion Project
This is our first post for one of our own projects, and we hope you like it. As always, we'd love to see what your finished product looks like so if you've had a go at making it, please share it on our wall for everyone to see!
This is a really easy project, no putting in zips and if you don’t feel confident to sew buttonholes, you don’t have to as the back can be left or Velcro added to secure. A great project for beginners to get used to their sewing machines!
Take a look at the pictures below if you need some extra help. Any problems or questions, drop us a comment or message!
If you want to make the cushion in this owl fabric, you can find it on our website by clicking here and adding to your basket.
Envelope cushion cover
What you need
½ metre fabric
cushion insert 36cmx36cm
2 buttons (optional)
1. Cut a square 40cm x 40cm for the front
2. Cut 2 oblongs 40cm x 28cm
3. On the inside, fold over edges for the back and sew a 1cm hem. Fold over another 3cm and hem. Finish by topstitching along the outside edge.
4. Pin right sides of front to right sides of back, overlapping the two back pieces and sew all round with 1cm seam.
5. Cut corners on all 4 sides and press seams, then turn out to right side and press before putting in cushion insert.
6. Add buttons if required.