My Sewing Blog
It's spring again, which means although there's a few blustery showers about, sunshine is on its way! And when I think sunshine, I think seaside... so I'm super excited to share this lovely nautical project with you! It's so easy to make, which is great for beginners, or those more experienced who just want a quick project to complete!
How to Make Nautical Bunting
You will need:
- Makower Ahoy bunting panel
- Backing fabric in your choice of colour - we used Linen Texture Cream
- Sewing machine
- White or cream thread
- 1.5m bias binding
- Point turner (optional)
How to make:
- Begin by cutting out all the flags from your bunting panel.
- Now lay out your flags onto your backing fabric, and cut out enough to back each flag, using the pre-printed flags as a size guide.
- Pin your flags right sides together, and sew along the seam allowance guides on the two long sides(the white bits down the side of each printed flag).
- Trim the point carefully using embroidery scissors, being careful not to cut too near your stitching.
- Turn the right way out and use a pencil or point turner to create a sharp point at the bottom of the flag. Press flat. Repeat steps 3-5 until you have completed all your flags.
- Now lay out your flags in your preferred order, making sure to leave an equal amount of space between each flag. Pin your bias binding to the top, ensuring that it folds down in the middle over each side of the open end of your flags. Don't forget to leave a bit of bias binding on each end for putting up your bunting!
- Carefully sew along the bias binding to attach the flags, remembering to start at the very ends of the bias binding to create some ends to pin or tie it up easily.
Want to get your hands on the hottest thing in crafting right now? Poms are all the rage at the moment, especially with easter coming up and pretty pastels and soft textures becoming a star attraction for spring! Find out more about this fantastic product...
NEW IN: The Multipom Pompom Maker
So, what's all the hype about?
What it does
The multipom is a unique tool developed to enable you to make up to 20 pom poms in one go - impressive, right! The tool is designed so that you can use any type of yarn, of any thickness, fluffiness or colour, to make your own unique pom poms in larger batches. It's a massive time saver for projects that require a lot of poms, and even better, means that each pompom you make will be the same size and thickness.
Included in the pack is your fantastic Multipom frame, a set of easy to follow step-by-step instructions on how to use the Multipom, and also a handy help sheet for tips, tricks and ideas. The help sheet shows you how to make multicoloured poms, trim them into cool shapes, and how to make them into a cord.
What to make
The possibilities are endless when it comes to using your finished product! Multipom recommends making them up into trim to use in sewing projects, sewing them onto a cushion for a fun touch to your homewares, or making them up into pretty pieces to hang about the house. How about this fun union jack flag made out of poms?
For more project ideas, check out the Multipom blog at www.multipom.com